Since we started full time RV travel over four years ago, we have stayed in many campgrounds. We have enjoyed state parks, county campgrounds and city parks. We have stayed on BLM land in Utah and Nevada. We have splurged and stayed in privately owned campgrounds with lots of amenities.
Some campgrounds however, make a lasting impression on us like the campground at Hunsader Farms in Bradenton, Florida.
An unexpected place of relaxation, farm life and a welcoming atmosphere, Hunsader Farms KOA not only won our hearts over, but Peanut Butter Brickle and Digby Pancake’s too.
Every morning, our routine consisted of waking up and walking to the spacious and clean dog park at camp.
Then, we were off to visit with our friends Jack the Kangaroo and the staff at the farmer’s market.
We would pick up fresh eggs and vegetables to make our meals for the day. Yes. It was pretty perfect.
As a traveler with dogs, one of the most important traits I look for in a campground is that they welcome our dogs and respect our dogs as a true part of our family.
The first day at the farm and the market, I felt this right away. They gave the boys a treat every morning with a smile and called them by name. It’s the little things that make you feel like family. And we will always consider the Hunsaders as family after our stay.
If you are new to camping, this campground is a great introduction. If you don’t have an RV, take advantage of the cabins for rent, a silo and even covered wagons! Yes. You can pitch a tent too!
If you want to explore the surrounding area of Bradenton, Florida, you are within easy reach to beaches, shopping and state parks. But we chose to enjoy the campground with all it had to offer.
This campground allowed our dogs the exercise and freedom they needed to keep mentally and physically active. And being able to get supplies without ever leaving let us relax with our dogs more.
So here are our family’s reasons why you HAVE to camp with your dog at the Hunsader Farms KOA in Bradenton, Florida!
Peanut Butter Brickle and Digby Pancake’s List Of Why You Should Take Your Dog to Hunsader Farms Campground
• A family run campground staff that LOVES dogs and will make them feel welcome and loved.
• A huge dog park with a shaded area, vital to Florida’s heat and random rain storms.
• Dog friendly cabins available for rental.
• Plenty of areas to walk your dog around camp, the farm and the market. You never have to leave during your stay!
• Mental stimulation by watching farm activities and animals.
• Fresh, local meat, eggs and vegetables for home cooked meals. No need for dog food!
• Private and spacious campsites to stretch out.
Boy Person and Girl Person’s List Of Why You Should Take Your Dog to Hunsader Farms Campground
• Easy, online reservations
• Convenience of shopping for food onsite and grocery stores within 15 minutes.
• Private and shaded back-in and pull-thru sites (our favorite) or for those that want full hookups and patios, you have that option too.
• Common areas for cookouts and games.
• Some of the best showers in a campground ever! Clean, individual bathrooms and shower facilities that don’t even feel like camping!
• The Hunsader family who became our family too.
The Hunsader family has operated this farm for years with a well-known Pumpkin Festival every October. So when they opened the campground, it was highly anticipated. The care they have taken shouldn’t be taken lightly. They work long and hard hours to keep their farm in operation while being hospitable to guests.
Due to farm operations, the campground is closed from June to September 4th. The Hunsaders want to make sure they give their best, and this allows them to do so.
If you’re looking for a way to enioy campimg with your dog, this is the place. In these hectic and uncertain times we are all living in, it’s nice to find a place that hasn’t changed.
It’s nice to find a place that appreciates their four legged campers.
And it’s nice to park your home in a place that truly feels like home.
The 2 Traveling Dogs Campsite Pick: Pull-thru #6 to watch the antelopes, and shade for the hot, Florida sun.
We want to give a special thank you to Hunsader Farms. During “stay in place” orders, our long term stay was only made possible by their understanding and generosity.
Follow Hunsader Farms on Instagram
This post is not sponsored. All opinions are our own. It’s our way of helping fellow dog travelers like you!