This 2 Traveling Dogs Editorial is sponsored by Sniffspot! Enable your pup to get the exercise they need in the safety of a private area. It’s like an AirBnb for dogs! Learn more, find a Sniffspot near you and see out how you can earn money by hosting a Sniffspot in your yard or property too at www.sniffspot.com
Where is YOUR dog’s dream destination? Some joke that it’s the couch, or in the kitchen.
But what value does exercise and freedom to sniff and enjoy our world hold for a dog? So much value.
Image via Sniffspot
As dogs grow, confidence is key. Staying inside for long periods of time without mental stimulation is detrimental. For older dogs, keeping the mind active is so important. For our Digby, the vet recommended that we still travel safely despite his health problems to keep his mind happy and healthy.
As dog parents, we can only hope the quality of life for dogs keeps improving as more options for exercise are available to us. Recognizing our dogs are individuals and that they need mental and physical stimulation is so vital. Simply having a dog to be an accessory or afterthought in our life is not acceptable. We have to make our dogs a priority like we would any member of our family. It’s up to us. If one way doesn’t work, find another way to get this job done.
But what about dogs that don’t have the social skills or physical stamina for dog parks or long hikes? What about those of us without our own yards? There is an alternative.
Yes. Sniffspot is our new, go to recommendation for dog parents everywhere. And we don’t want it to remain a secret any longer.
Image via Sniffspot
You might just find your dog’s happy place and dream destination in someone’s back yard or private space.
We want more happy dogs and happy dog parents. We want dogs to be able to run if they want to. To explore if they want to. To get the opportunity to be a dog! So think about it. Where would your dog like to go today? Will Sniffspot work for you? Brickle and Digby want you to think about it.
According to their website, Sniffspot is “designed for safe exercise and training for reactive dogs.” Sniffspot “enables your pup to get the exercise they need in the safety of a private area.”
Simply put, you can go to www.sniffspot.com or the Sniffspot app and search for private spaces near you. Some Sniffspots are yards, some are large spaces, some are fenced and some are not fenced. Each Sniffspot is unique and described in the listing. Some hosts will offer that their dog play with your dog, or give you that option. All Sniffspots are rented by the hour with a set price. You book online, wait for the confirmation and you’re set. Is it safe to visit a Sniffspot? Their website explains the process.
- Search and discovery: take advantage of our map, host profile and sniff spot profile. Make sure to read all about the sniff spot before booking.
- Read reviews: if a sniff spot has reviews, read them to understand what other guests have thought of the sniff spot. However, new sniff spots may not have reviews and you can message the host to learn more.
- Get your questions answered: you can message a host to understand more about their listing or ask questions about their policies prior to booking.
- Always communicate and pay through Sniffspot: keep yourself, your personal information and your payment safe by communicating and booking through Sniffspot. If you are ever requested to communicate or pay off platform, please report it to us immediately.
- Do a safety check: when you get to a sniff spot, look around to understand if there are any hazards for you or your pup, always walk the perimeter of any fenced enclosure to ensure it is secure before letting your dog off leash, and understand how to exit the sniff spot.
As we travel the country for the remainder of the year, we will not only be visiting parks and attractions with Brickle and Digby. But we will be looking for Sniffspots along the way! If you would like to sign up to be a host to help out other dogs and their parents and earn extra money, use code 2TD and get an extra $15 after your first review. You never know…maybe we will be coming to your backyard!
We have to give our dogs the chance to be the best they can be. Where can they be their best? Find their dream destination!
Sniffspot is Airbnb for dog off leash areas! Designed for safe exercise and training for reactive dogs, Sniffspot enables your pup to get the exercise they need in the safety of a private area. With Sniffspot, you can book a private space for safe play and training, socialize your pup in a controlled environment, and provide enrichment through exploring new areas and smells! You can also host your space & earn money to share your yard with doggie guests.
Download the app! https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sniffspot/id1437699295
Join the SniffSpot Community group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sniffspot/
Although this post is sponsored and we received compensation, all opinions are our own.