How does this campground sound? Yes. We are talking to your dog…
“Escape your normal schedule of daily walks, chasing the mailman and chewing on shoes for a new adventure in Western North Carolina. Breathe in the scenic beauty as you relax by the pond, get pampered by your human at the doggy spa, race against your friends in our agility park, or just spend some quality time with your human companions. No matter what activity you choose, we promise you a one of a kind experience in a campground and retreat dedicated just to you.”
I admit it. For years, I dreamt of going to 4 Paws Kingdom Campground and Dog Retreat In Rutherfordton, North Carolina. But somehow, our extensive travels the last four years have never brought us that way. So when we found ourselves in North Carolina again this month, I made it a priority to visit this campground.
I only wish I had made this campground a destination and not just for a few days!
We think of the spots we pick for camping as destinations in themselves.
It took us years to realize this. Sure, we have travel days where we need to stay just a night or two. But recognizing that every campsite had the potential to help us enjoy every precious moment with our dogs and truly feel like we were at home proved invaluable. 4 Paws Kingdom offers this for travelers with their dogs.
You will feel welcome. You will feel inspired to make your dog happy.
You will feel grateful to have traveled here, knowing the amenities it provides to dogs and their people were not an afterthought. This campground was built FOR this purpose. FOR the dogs.
Peanut Butter Brickle and Digby Pancake’s List Of Why You Should Take Your Dog to 4 Paws Kingdom Campground and Dog Retreat
• The dogs loved the different, enclosed, large dog parks for the freedom and fun they provided. Parks include Small Dog Playground, Tiny Tot Park, The Big Yard, The Agility Park, The Ball Park and Private Escape.
• The creek fed pond was a welcome addition to their days in the hot weather.
• Being welcome everywhere in the campground was relaxing for us all! Visiting the camp store every day was certainly a highlight for Brickle.
• We picked a campsite with our own fenced yard. Yes! Freedom!
Boy Person and Girl Person’s List Of Why You Should Take Your Dog to 4 Paws Kingdom Campground and Dog Retreat
• We love kids. We really do! But children add a whole other energy level dynamic. Some dogs love that energy. Others do not, or are senior dogs who prefer a bit of quiet. 4 Paws Kingdom is a dog-dedicated campground for canines and their adult human companions AGES 18 YEARS OR OLDER. That made relaxing much easier for our boys.
• The campground offers full hook-up RV sites with 30/50 amp service, and free WIFI. It functioned in some areas better than others, but made work possible for us on the road.
• We loved visiting the camp store! So many unique gifts and an endless supply of dog treats and essentials made shopping so easy. The dogs loved being welcome in the store and picking out an item every day!
• Being with others who love their dogs as much as we do was encouraging. Campers maintained their social distance while in the dog parks. We can’t wait until their entertainment is able to start again! Painting classes with your dogs and ice cream socials are just the beginning.
• This campground had some of the cleanest, air conditioned bathrooms and shower facilities ever. There are also hand sanitizer stations all throughout the campground.
• The dog bath and grooming room was a dream come true! Warm water and easy access made our Happy Camper dog shampoo work even better!
• We loved the private dog park.
If you have an unsocial dog or with health issues, you can have the park to yourself. Simply pick which side of the sign to display.
• Dog bag stations are spaced out generously thru the entire campground. We did not see one instance of a person camper not picking up after their dog!
We could go on and on about this campground.
But we truly believe it is one you have to visit to appreciate.
4 Paws is owned by Connie and Sandy. To say that they were welcoming hosts is an understatement. Our plans had to be changed numerous times due to unforeseen illness.
And we even had to change campsites when our RV air conditioners couldn’t keep up with the heat of summer.
Anything that they could do for us, they did. And at the end of the day on a Friday, Connie and Sandy hand delivered homemade doggy ice cream while keeping socially distant. That made for some happy pups and people!
If you don’t have an RV it’s no problem! Stay with your dog in a cabin, a yurt or even rent an RV! This is a great way to see if the camping life is for you and your dog!
We simply can’t wait to visit 4 Paws again with Brickle and Digby. The only campground of its kind in the USA, this should definitely be added to your list of travels as a destination in itself.
Yes, there are plenty of dog friendly activities in the area that the owners can recommend. But we aren’t sure why you would leave…